Saturday, October 29, 2011

Vegan Crispy Rice Treats for Halloween

Ohhh dear, I have not been the best MoFo poster, but I'll try and be a long-term once a week poster. :)

This past week, I have been helping turn up raffle prizes for the Triangle Vegetarian Society's 2011 Vegan Thanksgiving Feast.  For this reason, I was on the Whole Foods website several times and turned up this recipe for Pumpkin Crispy Rice Treats that are vegan.  And oh boy, they are sooo tasty! BUT, I did not really get them to stick together. That doesn't really bother me because they taste great and I'm just as happy to eat them with a spoon. But they probably wouldn't work for a kids birthday/Halloween party at all.

I also was turned on to bulk herbs this week! I have a great herbal remedies book by Rosemary Gladstar and was looking for some herbs, not sure where to go. Very excited to find bulk herbs (this was also from Whole Foods)!

We have been exploring Appetite for Reduction the past few weeks - really enjoyed the Caulipots with Chickpea Gravy, especially since it's gotten cold this week!  This week we are making a wonderful sounding Fava Bean Salad from vegan homemade, Veganomicon's sushi (DH cannot get enough!), roasted root vegetables and Spanakopita. Looking forward to it all!

I hope you find some hearty Fall themed meals to fill your belly and satisfy your soul this week!

1 comment: