Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First post!

Testing.... testing....
Is this thing on?

Well, didn't really plan to start a blog until the Vegan MoFo contest  popped up and I thought, "That would be fun!" Hope that doesn't backfire!

No real recipe to post since this week is mostly an eat-down-the-fridge kind of week. We finished up some fajitas tonight that were pretty yummy. I made homemade seitan (from a box of wheat gluten), and marinated the slices in adobo sauce (from a can of chipotles). Fantastic!  I had finally started thinking of branching out from my go-to seitan simmering broth, especially for Mexican meals. I'll have to look into that.

Well, I hope to post much more interesting chronicles of our quest to balance yummy and healthy in our vegan meals.

All for now.

t

2 comments: