Thursday, September 15, 2011

Visit from an Omnivore

Well last night I sat down with my husband and his father to a lovely vegan dinner. I made the African Peanut Stew from Vegan Planet, and served it over quinoa. I always add just a little extra cayenne. It was awesome!  My FIL had two servings and we sent him home with leftovers since he works too much and doesn't often get a chance to eat well.

I love so much about the stew - its bit of fat comes from one tablespoon of olive oil, and from the peanut butter. The rest is pure vitamins and fiber from sweet potatoes, bell peppers*, tomatoes*, kidney beans, ginger, onion and garlic.

*= these came from the summer garden that is now wrapping up.

Bestest part? Use the hand blender to creamify about half of it... Dreamy! And very filling.

Well dear readers, another short post, but I hope I've inspired you to open your cookbooks or search online for a healthy recipe to share with your loved ones!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment